Initially, I wasn’t too thrilled by the price, but then I reconsidered. Crockett Honey has a great reputation, and the brand’s popularity made it worth checking out. In addition, you are getting a good bit more honey in this jar. The label says it’s 3 pounds! That’s enough to fill up your honey bear several times over.
While the price may be higher than average, the taste and the quality makes it worth every cent. And the price isn’t all that bad. Some other brands cost twice as much as this one. Considering that fact, you can just think of it as a bargain instead. In addition, I just had to try this one because I’m always looking for new types of honey and this one didn’t disappoint.
About the Company
Crockett Honey has a long history, as it was founded back in 1945 and it has been providing high quality honey throughout the Southwest US since it was launched. Now it operates about 6,500 beehives along the Colorado River in Parker, Arizona while its bottling facility is in Tempe, Arizona. Crockett Honey recognizes the role of honey as a natural sweetener so that they don’t have to add anything to it. They simply package it in a way that doesn’t affect its fine and subtle taste or change its natural high quality. We feel comfortable rating this honey as “raw”.
Who Should Buy This?
This brand is ideal for those who prioritize taste and health benefits when they buy honey. The Crockett Honey Desert Wild Flower scores high in both counts. The taste has many customers pleased, and some even call it the best they’ve ever tasted.
What You Should Know
- It comes from flowering plants that are unique to the Sonoran Desert region, so its particular honey flavor is unique.
- Because it is raw and unfiltered, you may come across pieces of wax and bits of bee parts. These are all completely natural and armless for you unless you’re allergic.
Best Honey Site Tips
- Check to see if you can get free handling if you order two bottles, as that puts it well past the $35 mark.
- Honey works as an energy booster and as a natural cough suppressant. Honey also naturally retains moisture, so it can be used for facials and hair treatments to make the skin and hair feel soft and healthy.
- Some people even use this honey to make their own mead.