There are a lot of people who swear by manuka honey as a natural treatment for everything from heartburn to hemorrhoids. In fact, most of the people who consume this honey do so in hopes of achieving some sort of health benefit. I suppose it makes sense, because if you’ve ever tasted manuka honey you know that it sports a rather “medicinal” (but not unpleasant) flavor which is quite unlike almost any other honey on earth.
The folks at Wedderspoon are good people. While they don’t actually produce what they sell, they seem to be committed to sourcing high quality honey according to their website. What speaks louder to me though, is all of the positive reviews you’ll find when you search them. Things like:
Really Great Flavor!
Great for Acne!
This Product has Helped my Stomach Problems!
In my own experience, I would say this:
While this honey is not by any means my favorite, I do believe it is a good option for those looking for manuka honey. I personally feel that while this honey seems to be of a reasonably high quality and I like the fact that it is relatively unprocessed, it is also expensive and doesn’t offer enough additional value vs. the Active 12+ Wedderspoon product which is 20% less expensive.
Who Should Buy This:
If you have tried other manuka honey and found it to be lacking you may find what you’re looking for here. After all, the over 300 positive reviews must count for something!
What You Should Know:
– This is a mono-floral honey which is produced after the bees forage on the manuka tree.
– Can be used topically (on skin) or orally (eaten)
– This product is was Certified Organic
***UPDATE: Wedderspoon recently lost the organic certification for this product! It is NO LONGER CERTIFIED ORGANIC and the product you receive will most likely not be certified organic. If that is important to you DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!***
– Manuka honey is by no means a “cure-all” but it does have strong antiseptic qualities and there is documented (by science) proof that it can aid healing of a variety of burns, cuts, and other lesions as well as aiding with internal inflammations like ulcers, throat infections, etc.
Best Honey Site Tips:
– If you came here looking for a certified organic product from Wedderspoon and are disappointed that this product is no longer certified, Wedderspoon has since introduced a new product which is certified.